Day two at the Western Australia Para Badminton International 2023 sorted out pool play for most of the events with a few still to finish on day three. Ocenaia players feature in nine quarter finals matches beginning on Wednesday.
Celine Vinot began day 2 with a convincing win in her first match of the day in the women’s singles. Following down the same road, Lam Tsz Huen, a recent arrival from Hong Kong had two wins to progress to the knockout draw of the women’s singles SU 5 class.
- Women’s Singles – SL 3: Celine Vinot (AUS) def Neeraj (IND) 21-5 21-15
- Women’s Singles – SU 5: Lam Tsz Huen def Diana Rojas Golac (PER)  21-17 14-21 21-16
- Women’s Singles – SU 5: Lam Tsz Huen def Rita Asiimwe (UGA) 21-5 21-2
Selina Seau, up against number two seed from Indonesia was left with a great experience following her match.
- Women’s Singles – SL4: Selina Seau (FJI) lost to Khalimatus Sadiyah (INA)  21-3 21-3
Marth Ah Wong had the experience of a lifetime when she played her women’s singles against former World Champion, Oksana Kozyna. Offering little resistance against the Ukraine powerhouse, Wong would have learned from the on court time. Kozyna won gold and the title of World Champion in the SL 3 class at the Hulic Daihatsu BWF Para Badminton World Championships 2022.
- Women’s Singles – SL3: Martha Ah Wong lost to Oksana Kozyna (UKR) [3/4] 21-4 21-1
Wojtek Czyz and Corrie Robinson have won their group play undefeated and now progress to the knockout draw of the top six pairs. Caitlin Dransfield and Carrie Wilson have worked well as a doubles pair, moving through group play without dropping a game. They will now begin the road to the podium as the top six pairs have been decided.
- Men’s Doubles – SL 3 – SL 4: Wojtek Czyz/Corrie Robinson (NZL) def Renzo Diquez Bances Morales/Pedro Pablo De Vinatea Estrada (PER)  21-10 21-19
- Women’s Doubles – SL 3 – SU 5: Caitlin Dransfield/Carrie Wilson def Neeraj/Jenny Ventocilla Huaranga (IND/PER) 21-15 21-8
New Zealander Marinda Jones has qualified for the women’s singles quarter final and mixed doubles quarter final along with partner Grant Manzoney and Australians Lochan Cowper and Mischa Ginns.
All matches on court one (Standing) and court one (Wheelchair) will be available to watch on live stream, while news and results from the event will be available to view on our website and Facebook page. Join the conversation using #WAPI23
Quarter Finals Players
|Marinda Jones (NZL)||WS – WH 1||Quarter Final|
|Lam Tsz Huen (AUS)||WS – SU 5||Quarter Final|
|Zashka Gunson (AUS)||WS – SL 4||Quarter Final|
|Celine Vinot (AUS)||WS – SL 3||Quarter Final|
|Lochan Cowper/Mischa Ginns (AUS)||XD – WH 1 – WH 2||Quarter Final|
|Lachlan Boulton/Oliver Linton (AUS/NZL)||MD – SL 3 – SL 4||Quarter Final|
|Wojtek Czyz/Corrie Robinson (NZL)||MD – SL 3 – SL 4||Quarter Final|
|Grant Manzoney/Marinda Jones (AUS/NZL)||XD – WH 1 – WH 2||Quarter Final|
|Caitlin Dransfield/Carrie Wilson (AUS/NZL)||WD – SL 3 – SU 5||Quarter Final|