Pictured: Wictoria Dabczynska (POL)
The women’s singles draw at the TAKECARE Saipan International 2023 had a little stutter on day two with the number three seed Wen Yu Zeng being knocked out by Pen Yu Wei. Sung Shuo Yun had no trouble keeping her campaign alive with a convincing win over Misaki Kurashima.
- Peng Yu Wei (TPE) vs Wen Yu Zhang (CAN)  21-15 21-13
- Sung Shuo Yun (TPE)  vs Misaki Kurashima 21-8 21-11
Meanwhile, with her first appearance in the Northern Mariana Islands, Vanessa Maricela Garcia Conteras  came out with great intention against Lee Yu-Hsuan. In a match fit for a final, the three games had the crowd on the edge of their seats, witnessing intense rallies and masterful skills.
- Lee Yu-Hsuan (TPE) vs Vanessa Maricela Garcia Contreras (MEX)  21-17 19-21 21-14
All eyes were on court one as the number four seed, Lin Hsian Ti had to produce something special in her sixty five minute match against Park Ga Eun to guarantee her place in the final sixteen to face last weeks runner up, Tomoka Miyazaki.
- Lin Hsiang Ti (TPE)  vs Park Ga Eun (KOR) 21-18 20-22 21-16
It was a battle of the Europeans in the men’s singles today with Elias Bracke and Max Weisskirchen going head-to-head over three games. The off court friends put their professional feet forward when playing, with a no holds barred attitude to winning. On this occasion, Weisskirchen was the victor and will move into the round of 16 to play Chen Chi Ting (TPE).
- Max Weisskirchen (GER) vs Elias Bracke (BEL) 21-18 18-21 21-13
Kevin Cordon booked his spot in tomorrows round of 16 after playing 27 year old Choi Pyeong Gang. The four time Olympian had to pull all of the tricks out of his bag to secure the three game. Cordon will meet Ryoma Muramoto in tomorrow’s match.
- Kevin Cordon (GUA)  vs Choi Pyeong Gang (KOR) 21-11 9-21 21-16
Chen Zhi Ray and Yang Ching Tun upset the number two seeds and sees them with a fighting chance to move closer to the final.
- Chen Zhi Ray/Yang Ching Tun (TPE) vs Kim Young Hyuk/Lee Yu Lim (KOR)  7-21 21-18 21-12
After a stella start, the number three seeds and Oceania’s mixed doubles champions could not sustain the pressure against the newly formed pair from USA, Presley Smith and Allison Lee. Taking it down to the wire were the number one seeds, Chang Ko-Chi and Lee Chih Chen who had a fifty-four-minute tussle against Japan’s Hashiru Shimono/Miku Shigeta who last week were runner up at the CROWNE PLAZA Northern Marianas Open 2023. How the tides can turn!
- Kenneth Zhe Hooi Choo/Gronya Sommerville (AUS)  vs Presley Smith/Allison Lee (USA) 21-12 13-21 17-21
- Chang Ko-Chi/Lee Chih Chen (TPE)  vs Hashiru /Shimono/Miku Shigeta (JPN) 16-21 21-17 21-17
The night ended with a very amped mixed doubles between Shunya Ota and Misaki Kurashima and Fang-Chih Lee and Sun Wen Pei. After coming through qualifying, Ota and Kurashim pushed hard for the win, energy radiating from the pair as they secured their place on day three of the TAKECARE Saipan International 2023.
- Shunya Ota/Misaki Kurashima (JPN) vs Fang-Chih Lee/Sun Wen Pei (TPE) 21-18 21-18
Check out all results from day two of the TAKECARE Saipan International 2023 on Tournament Software.
All matches on court one and two are available to watch live and free via Badminton Oceania’s YouTube channel – click here to watch.
Day two starts at 12pm local time (GMT+10). Follow the latest news and find out more on Badminton Oceania’s Facebook page.