As the preliminary rounds of the competition come to an end, the morning of day two at the competition was dominated by the top seeds.
Sukant Kadam is the number one seed from India in the men’s singles SL 4 classification, while compatriot leads the SL 3 classification as the top seed. Both players kicked off the proceedings at 9.30am, local time in Geelong, in two close fought matches against their opponents:
- Sukant Kadam (India) vs En-Chen Yeh (Chinese Taipei) 21-17 21-18
- Pramod Bhagat (India) vs Dwiyoko Dwiyoko (Indonesia) 21-17 21-16
Meanwhile, it’s been a tough day for the players from Oceania, as they came up against some of the top players from across the world in their respective classifications:
- MS SL 3 – Ukun Rukaendi (2nd seed – Indonesia) vs Phonexay Kinnavong (Australia) 21-4 21-11
- MS SL 4 – Amir Levi (3rd seed – Israel) vs Doug Youlten (Australia) 21-3 21-4
- MS SL 3 – Xavier Debavelaere (France) vs Sadat Saad (Australia) 21-10 21-6
- MS WH 1 – Kouhei Kobayashi (Japan) vs Duke Trench-Thiedeman (Australia) 21-2 21-4
- S SS 6 – Miles Krajewski (USA) vs Kobie Jane Donovan (Australia) 21-7 21-8
- S SS 6 – Man Kai Chu (2nd seed – Hong Kong) vs Anthony Koedyk (Australia) 21-0 21-2
- S SS 6 – Chum Yim Won (1st seed – Hong Kong) vs Luke Missen (Australia) 21-6 21-10
All three doubles disciplines are scheduled throughout the afternoon as the final preliminary round matches take place.
You can keep up to date with the latest scores and draw on Tournament Software.
You can also watch all the action LIVE on the live-streaming service OVO for free – click here.