Pictured: Shrey Dhand, Australia. Photo Credit: Badminton Australia
As the competition reaches the midway point, two Australian Men’s Singles players survived another day in Singapore.
Under 13 Men’s Singles player, Shrey Dhand, continued to defy his Asian opponents, defeating home player Ding Han Jin over three exhilarating games, ending 21-19 in the third game.
Similarly, fourth seed Timothy Sentosa (Under 17) went the distance as he pushed past Malaysia’s Amirul Azuan.
Timothy later joined up with Asher Jing Jie Ooi as the first seeds in the Under 17 Men’s Doubles. However, the pair were overwhelmed by Indonesia’s Shujiwo and Tanumulya.
Sentosa will be back in action on day four, alongside compatriot and Women’s Singles Under 17 player, Priska Kustiadi who will be back on court following her win over the sixth seed Singaporean, Neo Wei Qin, on Tuesday.
The second seeds in the Under 15 Women’s Doubles, Catrina Chia-Yu Tan and Joanne Zheng, will also return to the courts on day four.
The results from competing Oceania players on day three were as follows:
- Shrey Dhand (AUS) vs Ding Han Jin (SGP) 16-21 21-13 21-19
- Rei Saito (JPN) vs Asher Jing Jie Ooi (AUS) 21-18 21-12
- Timothy Sentosa (AUS) vs Amirul Imran Azuan (MAS) 10-21 21-17 21-16
- Reya Azzahra Yulianti (INA) vs Maureen Wijaya (AUS) 21-19 21-5
- Yi Ting Elsa Lai (SGP) vs Catrina Chia-Yu Tan (AUS) 21-16 21-13
- Mei Sudo (JPN) vs Joanne Zheng (AUS) 21-11 21-4
- Prahdiska Bagas Shujiwo/Moreno Tanumulya (INA) vs Asher Jing Jie Ooi/Timothy Sentosa (AUS) 21-15 18-21 21-13
- Puspa Rosalia Damayanti/Assyifa Rizki Rahayu (INA) vs Sydney Go/Kai Qi (Bernice) Teoh (AUS) 21-15 21-12
Check out all results from the Singapore Youth International Series on Tournament Software.