Pictured: Simon Leung and Mitchell Wheller, Australia. Photo Credit: Luis Veniegra Photography
Simon Leung celebrated double success on day two of the YONEX-SUNRISE Nepal International Challenge.
Looking to build his World Ranking in both the Men’s and Mixed Doubles competition, Leung paired up with Mitchell Wheller and Gronya Somerville to conjour two highly convincing wins over some home competition.
- Simon Wing Hang Leung/Mitchell Wheller (AUS) vs Bikash Shrestha/Nabin Shrestha (NEP) 21-12 21-14
- Simon Wing Hang Leung/Gronya Somerville (AUS) vs Thapa Magar Bijeet/Pooja Shrestha (NEP) 21-16 21-8
In the Women’s Singles, fifth seeded Wendy Chen saw off the challenge from Kuamri in two comfortable games. However, Australia’s remaining hope in the Men’s Singles draw was ousted from draw in the second round.
- Hsuan-Yu Wendy Chen (AUS) vs Anjana Kumari (IND) 21-12 21-8
- Setthanan Piyawatcharavijit (THA) vs Keith Mark Edison (AUS) 21-19 21-13
Follow the draws and results from the YONEX-SUNRISE Nepal International Challenge on Tournament Software.
AIG FZ FORZA Irish Open 2019
Meanwhile, despite some close games and a three-game thriller in the men’s doubles, the Dane’s delivered a stunning blow to the contenders from New Zealand at the AIG FZ Forza Irish Open 2019.
- Kim Bruun (DEN) vs Abhinav Manota (NZL) 21-19 21-11
- Daniel Lundgaard/Mathias Thyrri (DEN) vs Oliver Leydon-Davis/Abhinav Manota (NZL) 16-21 26-24 21-15
- Mathias Thyrri/Mia Surrow (DEN) vs Oliver Leydon-Davis/Anona Pak (NZL) 21-11 21-14
Unfortunately, Australia’s Women’s Singles contender was forced to withdraw towards the end of the second game following an injury.
- Jordan Hart (WAL) vs Louisa Ma (AUS) 21-19 16-10 Retired
Check out all of the results and draws from the AIG FZ Forza Irish Open 2019 on Tournament Software