Oceania Masters in Paradise 2022 delighted to welcome Australian players following border re-opening and quarantine-free travel announcement.
Following the New Zealand Government and Cook Islands Government announcements this week, Badminton Oceania is delighted to extend the invite to Australian players to compete in the Oceania Masters in Paradise 2022. Until now, only players from New Zealand and Cook Islands have been able to register.
- Oceania Masters in Paradise 2022 is a mixed team tournament for players aged 35 and above
- The tournament will take place in Rarotonga, Cook Islands from 26-31 May 2022
- Four divisions are available: 35+ competitive, 55+ competitive, 40+ recreational and wheelchair
- Depending on final entry numbers, we may combine age groups and divisions to make for a meaningful competition
- Players from Australia and New Zealand no longer need to quarantine to travel through or into New Zealand or the Cook Islands
- Note: There may be some entry requirements (e.g. supervised negative PCR test) in order to travel. It is up to each player to ensure they follow the local travel advice in order to compete and prepare
- It is mandatory for anyone aged 12 and above to be fully vaccinated to enter the Cook Islands
- Cook Islands operates in the UTC-10 time zone. Players must take this into consideration when securing flight and accommodation bookings to arrive/leave the tournament
To celebrate the reopening of the New Zealand and Cook Islands travel bubble and quarantine-free travel, Badminton Oceania and Badminton Cook Islands are delighted to offer players from Australia an extra chance to take advantage of the player package early bird deal for the Oceania Masters in Paradise 2022, now available until Friday 15 April 2022.
Players aged 35 and over are invited to take part in the ultimate sporting holiday in what will be a memorable and stress-free week combining all things beaches, coconuts, badminton and sunshine! The player package hosts a world of benefits. Not only is the ticket to competition, but it also includes a goodie bag, entry to social and tourism events (which food and drink arrangements), transport to and from the airport, playing venue and official tournament hotel. The Edgewater Resort and Spa is the tournament accommodation provider.
Still concerned about COVID-19? There are fully refundable policies in place for team and player registrations. Details surrounding accommodation COVID policy are available in our accommodation guide, while players are responsible for booking their own flights. It is highly recommended that all players seek travel insurance when travelling abroad.